This position is an exempt, two-thirds-time, paid position that is accountable to the Lead Pastor.
Position Mission Statement: To provide spiritual and organizational leadership and ensure effective administration of key areas supporting the congregation’s mission and vision.
Core Competencies: The position requires consistently demonstrated competency in the areas of: Communication, productivity, interpersonal relationships, intrapersonal integrity, and leadership.
Goals and End Results: This position description is used in conjunction with individual and team goals and end results established annually.
- Manifests effective communication and leadership skills.
- Commits to personal and professional accountability with congregational members and community members.
- Experience in administration and management of people; experience in Microsoft Office, and database management.
- Ability to recruit, equip, and coordinate volunteers.
- Models effectiveness in discipleship with the ability to inspire and equip members to reach out to God’s world, addressing both spiritual and social needs.
- Exhibits mature character and leadership abilities as identified in Titus 1:5-9; 1 Peter 5:1- 4 and Acts 6:4
- Establish and lead efforts to ensure that the membership and leadership records of the congregation are accurate, up to date, and kept according to standards set by the congregation and/or the ELCA.
- Ensure that records of the congregation, including membership; provide necessary reports and statements as directed.
- Ensure that the facility, equipment, computer resources, and physical resources for mission are up to date, in good working order, and available for mission.
- Oversee access to and use of the building by members and community groups through effective key control, communication of policies, and scheduling.
- Provide coordination and oversight of the work of the parish office, including workflow, mailings, copying, answering phones, and coordinating volunteer needs for worship.
- Provide the needed database reports on membership for the proper administration and care of the congregation.
- Administer follow-up of members who do not worship and/or give as outlined in established procedures.
- Provide support and assistance to the Executive Committee of the Congregation Council.
- Oversee and facilitate the purchasing of supplies, acquisition of equipment, and vendor relationships of the congregation.
- Prepare bulletins, PowerPoint presentations, and binders for worship.
- Coordinate property, IT, database, and infrastructure needs and programs with supervisor.
- Work as a team with Minister for Finance and Church Treasurer.
- Additional tasks and responsibilities as needed.
*Employment conditions are subject to a full background check with references upon request.
Resumes and cover letters are being accepted at the Holy Trinity Church Office, located at 2305 San Marino Road, Sidney, NE.